What is 'KORIEC'?
'KORIEC' refers to free international development and cooperation project implemented by the Republic of Korea for educational development of developing countries through the use of information and communications technology in education.
- Policy on ICT use in education
- Consulting to devise a master plan for ICT use in education
- Educational information infrastructure
- Consulting for building physical infrastructure, including networks and devices for ICT use
- Teacher training on ICT use in education
- Consulting through e-learning on training methods for teachers, school administrators, and educational policy makers
- Educational content
- Consulting for development and distribution of teaching-learning content
- Educational information standardization
- Consulting on the creation and application of standard guidelines
- Curriculum for ICT use in education
- Consulting on ICT curriculum and education methods using ICT
- Educational information service
- Consulting for online learning services and an educational administration service
- Partner countries who would like to make use of the consultancy service need to apply for participation in the project. The Republic of Korea shall review and authorize provision of the aforementioned service.
- Korea selects partner countries and makes proposals to the participating countries. Upon accepting the proposals put forth, Korea then provides the consulting service.
- The project shall be implemented free of charge, in principle, but paid implementation can be proposed when taking the nature of the service into consideration.
- Any partner country may request that the project be carried out as either a free or paid development and cooperation project on a large scale in connection with Korea's official development assistance (ODA).
- The project shall basically last one year but may be extended if required.
- The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of Korea and the Korea Education & Research Information Service (KERIS).